Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cake-on-the-Brain

Today was a baking day... again. Mia had cake-on-the-brain.

She made this cake for Myles (I think in hopes that he would eat paper).

Well, at first it was cookies and then she decided to pour it all into a pan and bake it. I helped Mia come up with a basic sugar cookie recipe that she could add sprinkles to it. I helped her located some of the ingredients on the shelf and then she was on her own. While I was out picking tomatoes, she finished mixing everything up. After I came inside, she was explaining that she did not spill any of the vanilla (since in the past she would pour it into the small teaspoon and always pour a little over) and I praised her for doing such a wonderful job. Then the tale unfolds more and she showed me the 1/2 Cup she used. We laughed over the mistake (thank goodness for Costco) baked the cake and enjoyed one small piece.